Re: [Celtics' Stuff Rogers for Daniels?

In a message dated 7/28/02 4:06:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Celtic4Hire@aol.com writes:

> Well, the Daniels stuff stumps me then...

Me too.

It's pretty clear that the Spurs have completely soured on him as the local
scribes opine he won't be on the roster come opening night. The Spurs just
don't feel he's developed to the point of where he should be after 4 years in
the league and they don't want to tie up long term dollars to re-sign him.
The only way I see the C's getting him is the Spurs bend on their reported
current insistence they only want expiring contract(s) in return.

Could he help? He'd sure give you size and athleticism in the back court.
Physically stronger than Forte and takes it to the rack more aggressively
than Forte. He's a slasher more so than a shooter.

Can he D up is a bigger question. The C's need a stopper in the back court to
replace Strickland. Shammond isn't that kind of guy. Delk can at times play
solid D but I didn't witness near the consistent intensity from Delk that I
did Strick. Bremer is built like a tank and they say he has bulldog mentality
on D but he's still a rook and an undrafted one at that. And he's 6'2" at
best. Daniels is 6'4" but plays bigger than that.

Could he be the starting PG? He's not a pure PG so if you're taste swings
more in that direction I'd say he's not the guy for you. Still I'd like to
add him to the team but only in a deal that makes sense both player wise and
luxury tax flexibility wise.

Having said that, he'd already give the C's $3.7M possible breathing room for
next year if he didn't work out. Sad to say, but that's probably his main
attraction to the C's.

CeltsSteve

"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulet"