> You are saying that if Kenny's and Vitally's contribution last year is more
>
> than what Vin contributed last year? Vin had 16 20 plus games. Think again

Eh..Math is your strong suit eh?
Kenny averaged 9.6 points a game Vitaly averaged 4.6...

Vin Baker averaged 14.1 points per game... So umm I think he has a good case
that Kenny and Vitaly contributed as much as Baker. LOL.

Of course..if we get into rebounding..Kenny pulled down 3.6 + Vitaly 4.4.
Thats more then Vin. Of course its not fair to compare to players to one but
your the one who mocked the previous poster for pointing out the truth. And
to be nice I wont even get into steals and assists.

Seriously though:

The problem with Vin Baker isn't Vin Baker...but its his CONTRACT.
Its much like the Kenny situation in the past. Kenny was alright. He actually
had two good years..this one and the one before last year. But...that being
said he wasn't a nine million dollar guy. And I say this as Kenny's biggest
fan...

Even if you like Vin Baker you have to admit he isn't worth his contract...
Though I don't like Vin Baker.

Not to go on a rant here but how the hell does an NBA guy have a weight
problem? Hire a cook, private trainer and nutrionist for chrissake!
There is no excuse. Losing weight is not hard if you have NBA money. I am
sorry.
It's pathetic.

Anyway, this is the modern NBA. A trade doesn't just come down to x for y.
Its about contracts. With the luxury tax you have to think about the
implications of a trade...

This trade ties the Celts down.

Lets think about this logically..
If you want to win under the salary cap what do you have to do?

You have to sign players who are BETTER then their contracts. New players..up
and comers people who are much better then they are being paid for. Older
players who performed poorly and are due for a rebound that you sign cheap.

Talent wins championships. Your trying to maximize your talent while
minimizing your spending. Vin Baker while talented ruins your talent to
dollars ratio.

How can you improve your team if your already spending the salary cap on
three players. Heck we can't even afford to draft people for crying out loud.
The draft is the BEST way to get cheap talent, and the only way the Celts
could win a championship.

This time the Sports Guy is right...perhaps I was wrong about him all along.
This is a bad trade if you look beyond the just the bodies exchanged...

Pete