Re: Forte gone?

around the C's brass -in this case a bad thing.

Hi Tom:

What's curious about the Forte question is not Heinsohn
but Forte's mentor Red Auerbach, purportedly the
president of the team. You are right, including Forte is
irrelevant to making the trade work.

We all like to complain about Chris Wallace, but you have
to applaud his persuasion skills.

He plainly can convince Gaston into taking a 50 million
contract over at most a 4 million for Rodney Rogers.
That's nothing less than brilliant.

And next he and Papile have to convince Red Auerbach that
Shammond Williams could have been a lottery pick in this
year's draft, just like  Blount (doh!), I mean Omar
(doh!), I mean Sundog... Well, never mind.

Actually, Red is my last hope that Forte won't be thrown
in this deal as a sweetener. It is already so sweet, the
entire city of Seattle is in sugar shock.

I'm hoping for the best outcome, but if the many risks
inherent in this trade become a reality, Chris Wallace
DAMN WELL BETTER NOT blame the luxury tax for forcing his
hand. The lux tax did NOT force him to add 50 million to
the payroll through 2006.

It was a basketball decision. He needs to take
responsibility for it. I don't want to hear a damn word
about the luxury tax during the press conference.

Joe

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?