*** RECOVERED EMAIL ***: Re: Celtics Interested In Sundov

You wrote:

This guy is 22 YO and 7'3" , 239 Lbs. who is more interested in playing time
then "re$pect", has a (short) New England background and a Boston based
agent.  He's looking for 5 years starting @ $1M per? The Celtics just hired
an asst. coach to teach low post basketball as well.

This looks like a no brainer to me.  What could the down-side be?

--- end ---

The downside is he's 7-3 and we're looking at him because of his 3-point
shot. Actually, I don't think this is a bad guy to pursue at all, but geez,
I get tired of the constant quest for more 3-point shooters. Plus, a backup
center who can shoot from the outside sounds an awful lot like Rodney
Rogers. I hope they aren't pursuing Sundov as a "replacement" for Rogers.

Doesn't anyone in the braintrust realize this team needs more rebounding?

I think I just feel like grousing today. Sundov would be a decent, cheap
pickup. No problems with that, and Jim is right about the seemingly nice
fit. Just tired of what seems to be our constant quest to put five 3-point
shooters on the floor. Count me among those who think the game would improve
a lot if you only got three points for shots made within three feet of the
basket. I've done a complete 180 on the 3-point shot. Used to love it, but I
never imagined it would so completely take over the game and dictate
personnel decisions like it does.

Looking forward to seeing Tuesday's Shaw's game on TV.

Mark