thoughts on the Raptors game

You could see this loss coming a mile away. We might've gotten lucky at the
end if not for the boneheaded plays, but I don't think so. This game made
me angry. Not at the players, but at the management. Pierce is exhausted
mentally and beat physically. Walker likewise is far from 100%. We're
basically down to 5 contributing players when Battie is playing, and Chris
Wallace is twiddling his thumbs at some meaningless college game, waiting
for 2004 or a particular alignment of stars or whatever the hell he's
waiting for.  We need help RIGHT NOW - this team is tired, injuries are
accumulating, and the contributions from the bench AND the starters are
dwindling, with the exception of Strickland.  Strickland's been a godsend,
but clubs with smart management stockpiled big guys, going out in the
offseason and getting players like the Junkyard Dog to supplement their
already solid frontlines. But we're just fine with our 1.3 NBA-quality big
guys, with Battie accounting for the 1. Ray Allen's comments comparing
Milwaukee's and our benches were an indictment of Wallace, Papile, and
their boss, Thanksdad.

Williams has been total garbage as a starter. He needs to be brought off
the bench - I don't care if they have to start Ed Lacerte.

I'm really starting to hate JJ. Tonight was a microcosm of Joe Johnson:
coming off a pick, rising in the air, but never looking to take the open
15-footer 'cuz ohmigod, what if he misses?! Instead, his gaze is fixated
the whole time on his savior Paul, and his pass to Pierce is easily read,
intercepted and converted at the other end. Later, he comes down with an
offensive rebound and smoothly dribbles around his back in traffic through
several Raptors to reset the play. What a waste of talent. But, hey, he
didn't miss any shots tonight.

If Battie has a chronic injury, we're really gonna be screwed. Pot's trying
hard, but he will always be severely impaired by a major lack of talent. He
can contribute occasionally on his good days, against certain teams, but is
pretty much useless against talented, athletic frontlines.  If the current
situation persists, we may not be above .500 at the end of February.
Kestas