76er's game

I thought they were going to pull this one out.  The fans were up on their
feet supporting this comeback.  It was great to see after the last few
years.  It seemed like a higher percentage of people wanting to watch
basketball rather then just being there because someone gave them tickets.
Of course, it was Iverson visiting, who had a special night.  But last year
if they went down by 17, the crowd would go "social" and ignore the game.
Tonight most fans were in it until the end.

The Celtics two main men were both struggling physically.  It sure looked
like they were both sick with the flu.  From where I was sitting the effort
and desire was there but they seemed to only be able to play full tilt in
spurts.  Since Walker doesn't drink etc... the cold medicine seemed to
really hold him down. Even with that they were never out of this game.

Anderson seemed to be a step ahead when he was on the court.  He must
"smell" playoffs.  It's nice to see.

The 76er's had a lot of supporters in our seating area.  At the end of the
game, after his interview with Tommy and Mike Mutombo gave his "wristband"
to a young girl dressed up in her basketball uniform and calling for his
attention.  It was a friendly gesture and made the kid's night.

Anyway I wanted to share some of my observations from courtside for those
outside of the area.

We almost added this one to the win column. The final score doesn't show how
close this game was at the end.

<Jim

Jim Hill
mailto:jahill@leasingservice.com