Re: We win!!! 12 points 4 steals Kedrick Brown!!!

At 11:06 1/22/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>We win by shutting down Vince Carter in the 4th quarter.
>
>Only caught the latter 3rd quarter and 4th quarter... but the audio
announcers
>kept on praising the efforts of Kedrick Brown for his "career high" and being
>all over the court...  Game was close until McCarty hit a three towards the
>end of 3rd and the Celts were off for the victory.  Bad highlight is when
>McCarty made a flagrant foul on Antonio Davis

What flagrant foul? Those refs are ridiculous... All they see is the
aftermath of the contact - if someone falls awkwardly, for whatever reason,
it MUST be a flagrant foul (unless it's Pierce, who hurt his wrist after
being undercut while dunking, but no foul of any kind was called). Waltuh
simply went for the block and got a lot of the ball. There was a little bit
of contact, which didn't even approach the grab, trip,and throw that
Stackhouse applied to Pierce two nights ago.

>Why was Joe Johnson benched again???  is he hurt?

JJ did not play because of ill health - Jim O'Brien is sick of his effort
on the floor, or lack thereof.

>For those who got to watch, was there any Kedrick Brown game highlights?
>(dunks or blocks?)  thanks.

There was a nice alley-oop dunk off a feed from Walker, a powerful move to
the basket for the first basket of the game, a few lay-ins where he just
went over people, and 4 steals. He accomplished more in this game than JJ
had in the last several games combined before his benching.

Also, I though Walker had a good, under-control game, Kenny played well,
and Pierce was his usual unstoppable self. The rest of the crew also played
well. This win was key in stopping the bleeding despite the remarkably bad
officiating we've had lately.
Kestas