Re: Tony Parker...

In a message dated 1/10/2002 11:14:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
GuyClinch@AOL.com writes:

> Ohh and hey Tony Battie was written up on ESPN as a unsung hero.
> I am glad I am not the only one who sees that this guy isn't El Busto. We
> really
> did steal him from the Lakers.

There is no way that I (or anyone on the list) can know if, and to what
extent, Tony's ankle is hampering him and there are games when he is
ineffective but I don't think it is ever due to a lack of effort. Tony's
aggressiveness sometimes takes him out of the play and he's no match for the
Shaq's or Mutumbo's of the league but he makes a solid contribution on most
nights. It doesn't show in his stats but I'd say he saves about 5 possessions
per game by slapping rebounds -- otherwise out of his reach -- out to our
shooters on the perimeter.

Would I prefer a 7' 2" beast who plays 40 minutes and gives us 20 & 12? Sure!
Know of any available?  Tony is doing a good job based on his capabilities
and right now he's helping us win.

Labeling Tony "El Busto" obviously isn't the stupidest thing that Issel ever
said but it's up there and getting Tony for Travis Knight was probably the
best trade of the former regime.

George