Condolences/Trades

Warwick:

Please accept my sincere condolences at the loss of your mom.  If you're
strong enough to carry on as a Celtics fan and bandy about trade scenarios
at a time like this, the least we can do is engage you.

<<P.S. Two trade scenarios; McCarty + Blount + Forte + perhaps a pick to
Chicago for Brad Miller>>

Not ready to give up on Forte yet.  Not sold on Miller as anything more
than a big body who puts up numbers for a truly awful team and seems only
to play well against the Cs.

<<If that trade happens; Potapenko and Roshown McLeod to NY for
Harrington and Mark Jackson.>>

Even worse.  V, like Battie, is starting to show some signs of real life.
Harrington is a waste of cap space.  Mark Jackson is 57 years old.

More interesting question is whether the Cs should offer Forte, Joe
Johnson, Palacio and at least one first round pick for Baron Davis.  I
like that move from an overall talent perspective; my concern is whether
Davis could thrive on an Antoine and Paul-centric team.  The thing I like
most about the rookies is that they all have the potential to serve as
dangerous 3rd options, which is a role that Davis might not be willing to
accept (which is why I don't think the Bucks will ever get out of the East
as presently constituted.

Next move would be to trade Kenny, Kedrick and Vitaly to Portland for
Rasheed Wallace and Erick Barkley.  Of course, Portland doesn't exactly
need even more players on its roster, but this wouldn't be the dumbest
move they've made -- even in the last year.

Roster then looks like this:

PG:  Davis/Barkley (Brown)
SG:  Pierce/Strickland
SF:  Walker/Williams/McLeod
PF:  Wallace/McCarty
C:   Battie/Blount

Or, if pigheaded insistence on keeping Antoine at the 4 remains, can sit
Battie and start Williams or McLeod.

To fill in, can then go trawling for free agents like Khalid El-Amin,
Michael (Providence) Smith, or even our old friend Chris Carr.

I'm not necessarily advocating this -- I think it's very dangerous to mess
with the good chemistry the team has going right now, particularly since
we haven't seen what sort of upside the rookies really have.  I also
assume that this turns the Cs into luxury taxpayers, which likely kills
the idea in its crib.  Fun to think about 4 All-Stars in the starting
lineup, though, isn't it?

Michael Gooen
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/