Re: Would you do this trade

What's Alonzo's long range health situation?????

DanF
----- Original Message -----
From: <MetNut9@AOL.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 12:16 PM
Subject: Would you do this trade

> Miami trades:  Alonzo Mourning $18,756,600 to Boston
> TOTAL:   $18,756,600
>

> Boston trades:  Vitaly Potapenko $4,762,500 to Miami
> Boston trades:  Kenny Anderson $8,350,000 to Miami
> Boston trades:  Kedrick Brown $1,528,440 to Miami
> Boston trades:  Walter McCarty $3,125,000 to Miami
> TOTAL:   $17,765,940
>
> TRADE ACCEPTED
>
> Due to Miami and Boston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked.
Miami and Boston had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary
given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade
satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

> Miami would also receive a trade exception of $990,660 with this trade.
This would have to be used within one calendar year from the date of this
trade.

> Be aware that this exception will be extinguished if the team which
possesses it falls below the cap by the combined amount of the exceptions it
currently possesses.

> You have been assigned Trade ID number 444757
>
> It is a big if weather Miami would do this trade or not. But lets face it,
they are in the cellar, Alonzo's health is a question. Miami would get an
upgrade at point, a servicable center, a player with huge upside(Kedrick),
and a player that will clear cap space. The celtics then would be:

> Mourning Battie
> Walker Battie
> Pierce Williams
> Johnson Williams Forte
> Strickland Palacio Forte
>
> Obviously point guard is weak, but having Mourning would be huge.
Thoughts? I know this is off the wall and there is a better chance of Bin
Laden turning himself in, but I thought I would throw it out there.