Re: JJ watch

In a message dated 2/27/2002 12:31:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jahill@leasingservice.com writes:

> George chimed in:
> >Snip...I'd imagine those 6 points were probably
> >scored during the 11 minutes when JJ was on the bench! snip...
>
> I had thought he was in the traveling lab working on the cure for something
> horrible but I could be mistaken and you may be right....  <Jim

I don't mean to bust them on you Jim, I'm just fed up with JJ. He's got
wonderful tools and impressed me greatly early in the year but I'm convinced
he lacks heart. While Obie doesn't coach basketball the way I learned the
game I'm not blaming him for JJ reaching the point of diminishing returns.
Why should JJ be so terrified to miss a shot when AW misses 60% as does the
team for the most part? Strickland seems free to take his share of shots. I
specifically remember one game where they made an extreme effort to get JJ
going from the opening tap. He had a scoring opportunity on what seemed like
each of the first 7 or 8 plays. He scored once or twice missed a couple and
then kept giving up the ball instead of taking the shot the team wanted him
to take. It was soon after that he was no longer in the lineup.

I don't know enough about Delk and Rogers to say if they have heart or not. I
hope they do and I hope they can fit in to Harter's defense. In the very few
minutes Rogers played in Houston, while he was definitely out of sync, I saw
a brief glimpse of what he can add to this team if given the chance and it is
needed.

Good luck JJ. You should have thirty or so low pressure games left this
season to impress your new bosses and fans. As for me, I'm a Celtic fan and
since you are no longer a Celtic I don't care anymore.

George