Re: Mark Berry's good points

Mark, as usual, I pretty much agree with all the points you bring up.

However, I disagree with a couple conclusions.  If Delk and Rogers shrivel
up, I think it's either the captains fault, or maybe the other constant,
time to get a real NBA coach.  I thought Obie was doing OK at the
beginning of the season, albeit with a few blown games, but now I'm really
beginning to think he sucks bigtime and is just riding his two horses.
His end of game management has been terrible all year (does any team do
worse running plays after a timeout?), and now his rotations are terrible.

And the only way this trade isn't a disaster, is if Delk scores in bunches
(and scores more than he gives up on D), and Rogers has an inside, and
outside, game, and is resigned after the year is up.  Or they go deep in
the playoffs and that attracts free agents.

On a normal team, I'd say that there's every reason to think they'll come
in and score like they have everywhere else.  But with Obie coaching, I'm
not convinced.

And listening to Wallace, I do agree he sounds like a salesman.  I don't
get the impression from listening to him that he knows any more about
talent evaluation than any other serious NBA fan.  How does a guy like
that get one of the less than 3 dozen NBA gm jobs?  I mean, he doesn't
sound like an idiot, but you'd think one of the top 50 talent evaluators
in the world should sound pretty damn intelligent.  And if he's not in the
top 50...

Before they trade away Kedrick, dump Rogers, and try to trade Delk for a
2nd round pick, I really hope they get a real coach that can use the
talent handed to him.  He's got the players that play his style, too bad
his style probably won't win much in the playoffs.

The only missing ingredients to success for the Celtics are:  a new owner,
a new coach, and maybe a new gm (depends how much the owner and coach are
making him look bad).

Question, would you trade today the Radman/Jefferson/or Haywood and next
year's no. 1 for Delk and Rogers?  And would Jefferson or Haywood look
horrible on an Obie coached team or no?  Or maybe it is Walker and Pierce
that are to blame.  I'd like to see them coached first before coming to
that conclusion.  Sorry Cecil, but just because they're winning, doesn't
mean we have to be happy with everything in the organization.  They're not
in first place, so there's room for improvement.  Starting with management
and ownership.

-Jamey Rallis