Re: Delk the starting shooting guard, Rogers the backup power forward

----- Original Message -----
From: Berry, Mark S <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
Subject: Delk the starting shooting guard, Rogers the backup power forward

> You want Tony Delk getting a lot of his minutes against backup guards.
He's
> better than most of those guys. You make him a starter, and he has to
defend
> Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Allan Houston, Rip Hamilton,
Reggie
> Miller, etc. Why would you do that?

Well, yesterday when "someone" on list mentioned that Rogers would never see
25 mins./game because he get killed on defense and isn't a good enough
rebounder to make up for it one of the smartest people I know came back
with, "The Celtics play team defense. If Walker can...." So it shouldn't
matter who Delk has to play, because the Celtics play team defense...right?
He's going to have to cover them at some point anyway. The Celtics are in
the middle of a playoff race and those guys are going to play big minutes
every time the team sees them. That's the problem with trading for more
mediocre backups with giant holes in their games. If we can find the right
place, when the moon is full, when Mars is aligned with Venus on the fifth
day of the fifth month, then they can be effective. This team didn't need
another Erick Strickland.

Paul M.