Re: Mavs game/CW question

At 10:58 PM 2/21/2002 , bird wrote:
>Nuts.  Kind of the opposite of the Laker game: played well but not well
>enough to put it away for 43 minutes, then couldn't make a shot.
>
>League Pass'ers got the Dallas broadcast but could see Chris Wallace
>sitting between Tommy and Mike Gorman.  Was anything interesting said?
>
>Bird

Mostly the kind of stuff that he said in Josh's interview - talking about
how salary management has become such a big part of things. He did talk
about foreign players and said their big guys are now more
skilled/developed than the US big kids. And the label of soft doesn't fit
anymore (certainly not looking at Nowitzki and Eduardo N.).  He thought the
day wasn't far off when we'd see a foreign player go #1 in the draft
(though not next year, with a certain guard that plays for a blue team
coming out).

Gorman did relay his favorite Tony Delk story: that of all the KY recruits,
Delk was the only one who made his bed.  Says a bit about the kid, IMO.

This team needs a backup for Anderson. Is Delk is enough of a PG for that?
Anybody seen him play that position?  Get Omar Cook and give him a shot!
Kenny and Antoine were were in absolute slo-mo exactly when they needed to
put the pedal to the metal.  I was yelling at them, Heinsohn was yelling at
them, everybody but OB was yelling at them.   You could have put Cook out
there with Kedrick, Pierce, McCarty and Battie and run the pants off of the
Mavs.  Isn't Nowitzki something else? Ho-ly!

They showed the trio of ex-Nuggets in the stands, and Van Exel looked like
one unhappy camper. What does he think watching Nash?  Although knowing
Nelson, he will play the two of them at the same time a fair amount to get
VE's shooting in there.

It's fun to get to see the western conf. teams and I wish we saw more of
them.  They're eons more entertaining than the Knicks and Miami...

  --Ellie