Re: Still cranky.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 07:53:11AM -0800, pmaurice wrote:
> I mean, if you really think you have a chance this year, and it's obvious they
> do given the state of the Eastern Conference, don't you throw all caution to
> the wind, ignore the luxury tax concerns since they won't effect the team this
> year anyway, and go for Van Exel? The immediate rewards, you have to admit,
> could be much higher. Sure he's a crackpot. But if they're real concern is
> going for the Eastern Conference finals this year, Rogers and Delk don't get
> you there faster than Van Exel.

I think they would end up with a player relations nightmare if they take on
a contract that everyone knows they can't afford.  If they were to take
on Van Exel's contract as-is, then you have to believe that they will either
attempt to move Van Exel within a couple of years, or it would mean trying
to move either Walker or Pierce.  The players would know it, and would be
asking who's going to go?

> Paul M.

Francis