The trade

Having lived in Phoenix the past few years I can tell you that the C's
didn't get anything special by trading for Rogers and Delk. Contrary to
what some may think, Rodney doesn't like to mix it up to much inside
anymore. He is more of a perimeter player. He was in Skiles doghouse quite
often because he was  lazy and overweight last season. Maybe he will
be rejuvinated in Boston and we can see him play like he did in 99-00.
(The last time any effort was shown for more than two games in a row)
Phoenix I am sure was very happy to get rid of him and Skiles is probably
at home laughing. I guess I can give Rodney props for his improved free
throw shooting this year.

Tony Delk, the tweener. He is a fair veteran player. Streaky shooter but
will hustle. I doubt he will get many shots coming to the C's because
there is no way Pierce or Walker are going to kick it out. Tony
can also make his own shot off the dribble which may help him. He is a
solid  player and won't hurt the C's but anyone who thinks that the combo
of Delk and Rodgers is getting us another banner is dreaming.

I rate the trade marginal at best. JJ is still too young to give up
on. There was another guard we drafted in 97 that also was young,
talented.....

The saga continues. No frontcourt, no chance against the West.

Just my 2 cents.
Andy