Johnson, Brown, and Forte...

Mark Berry wrote:

> They had
> three picks in a great draft-a GREAT draft-and it looks like, at best,
> they're 1-for-3 (I'm holding out hope for Kedrick). I'm not exaggerating
> when I say you could have taken the first-round picks and thrown darts
> and the majority of the time, you would have come away with more help
> than the Celts got in this draft.

I think it is still too soon to write off any of our three draft picks.
They really have not been given much of a chance to play.  None of them is
NBA ready at present, but that is true for most of the first round.

That said, it does look like Wallace and O'Brien don't know what they are
doing.  Does it really make sense to bury all three draft picks on the
bench?  They are NEVER going to figure out the NBA from the bench.  They
should be playing.  If Eric Williams and Eric Strickland are better
players than our draft picks, Wallace blew it big time.  If they aren't
better (but just better right now), then the picks should be playing and
developing their skills.  That's Jim O'Brien's fault.

Right now the Celtics are a borderline playoff team.  If they are going to
surpss that any time soon, Johnson/Brown/Forte will have to be involved.
You won't ever see Williams, Strickland, and McCarty playing big minutes
on a championship team - unless it's a CBA championship team.  The rookies
should be playing, or they never should have been drafted in the first place.

Michael