All-Star Saturday thoughts

Rookie game:
JJ's got game! Well, we knew that all along. What he doesn't have (yet, I
hope) is chutzpah. But last night it seemed like he shot every time he got
the ball, even if it wasn't the case, as he also managed pile up some
assists and rebounds. His post-game comments seemed to indirectly place the
blame for his current malaise on our two All-Stars, as in 'there was no one
obvious to give up the ball to  in this game, so I took 13 shots in 21
minutes'.

3-point contest:
Pretty much what I expected of Paul. Actually, I didn't expect him to score
just 8 points, but that's what sometimes happens when you're not a
'professional' 3-point shooter a la Craig Hodges/Tim Legler/ Wesley Person,
but a natural born scorer. Peja apparently can do both.

The 3-on-3 competition:
I like it a lot better than the stupid 2-ball. I loved it when my man
Marciulionis killed LA, who were assumed to win the whole thing, with his
15 points in the first round.  He looks like he could still play in the
NBA, but then I'm biased. Magic looked liked crap. Moses could probably
still give good 15 minutes off the bench to most NBA teams. They were
hacking him so much, I thought a fight was going to break out in the final.
Attention, Chris Wallace, we need some rebounding and low-post scoring
help!  :)
The whole WNBA promotion thing backfired again, as the women looked like JJ
playing for the Celtics lately - timid/subservient/nervous. 'Ed' Cavanaugh
is smart and funny, Justin Timberlake is a puerile moron. But he scored on
Kenny, who will never live it down. I don't envy The Jet right now.

The Slam Dunk contest:
Lamo. I wish Kedrick were there.

Kestas