Trying to explain the unexplainable?

       Two mysteries:
   1. Why did we pick three wing players in the draft?
   2. Why won't Gaston/Wallace add a few cheap pieces at the 1-4/5
positions?
       Consider the draft and why we took players of a certain style.
       Think about it. The three players are all open court players. They
are best suited for running, moving the ball and finishing on the break. The
attempt to become more athletic and add players who could score points off
the flow of the game, is a radical change from the style that our captain;
Antoine Walker, represents.
       If I add this understanding, to the unwillingness of Wallace/Gaston
to add a few pieces to this team, I have come to the conclusion; that this
season is not only a trial period for O'Brien, but Antoine's last chance, to
show he can be a piece of a championship team.
       Gaston gave Pitino a big checkbook. He's shown that he will spend, if
he's convinced it's going to be productively used. Could he be sitting back,
assessing the situation, waiting to see if O'Brien can keep the enthusiasm
for defense and winning momentum through the dark days of the season? If
not, I'm saying he's probably prepared to blow the whole thing up. If they
revert to selfish, lazy, ball; Walker will go, a more traditional power
forward will be brought in and a new coach will try to build from the ashes
with the rookies and another pick and whatever Walker will demand in a
trade.
       To me, the willingness of this team to play hard and unselfishly, is
the key, not whether  they win a playoff series, although one should lead to
another.
       The recent revelation by Larry Bird, that he is still waiting in the
wings, to buy this team, is huge.

        JB

                  Unchain My Heart !