Re: Celtics have to get bigger!!!

It's too late to fall in love with Sharon Tate....

The past draft was the time for finding a big man. It was the year of
the Center, with lots of power forwards thrown in for good measure.
Good quality power forwards, so much so, that you could make the case
that the Best Player Available when the C's were drafting at 10/11 was Zach
Randolph, who had performed spectacularly during his workouts and possessed
outstanding skills and potential.

Now, events have transpired to make it very difficult for the Celtics to deal
for a Big Man. Teams are looking for Centers and Point Guards in trades,
not dime a dozen shooting guards.  And of those dime a dozen shooting guards,
Brown, the one with most value is out with an injury, Johnson became
a no show after a quarter of a season, and they never use Forte. If you're
an opposing GM, do you place a lot of stock in the Celtics draftees right
now?

While your idea is a right and just one, the C's at the moment are at a
severe disadvantage.
Ray

PS:  Even Marcus Fizer who's readily available and might be worth a shot, would
probably be difficult to acquire. What do the Bills need with shooting guards when

they already have Artest, Mercer, and Hassell.