Pierce vs. Bird.

Well I like Kevin

But clearly I don't think a championship is a way to judge how great a player
is or not. Bird wouldn't have won championships without his teamates... and
his teamates
were much better.

Bird got to play with greats...like Kevin and Parish. Parish was one of the
top two or three centers in the league and Kevin was simply the best power
forward around.
He also played with the Nate Archibald who like Kenny x 2, right?

Pierce could play with Bird...
One on One Pierce would clean up against him. He is a great deal more
athletic and
a very good shooter. He is a better three point shooter. And he is better
defensively
one on one. His ball handling is just as good.

Bird was a much better passer and rebounder, and is better at making his team
better. Walker is more like Bird then Pierce...Pierce is a very different
kind of player.
Walker and Bird have alot in common. Both are unathletic, 6'9" good ball
handlers, passers and rebounders. Bird though had that extra something in his
game that made him great....I don't think Walker has that. He is just good.

Pete