Re: Turn off the TV...

 < If the Nets are so damn good, why are they 4-8 on the road? > - Bird

Envy slays itself by its own arrows.  Employing your same logic,
Bird, I could as easily ask if the Nets AREN'T that damn good then
how come they are 17-1 at home?

One reason for their 4-8 road record is their early season schedule.
Three of these losses have came via a West Coast trip, a not unusual
result for any Eastern Division team, while four of their road
losses have come against teams with .500 or better records.

In comparison, the Celtics sport the third best road percentage
in the league at 7-6.  But that, too, is likely due to early season
scheduling with five of their seven road victories coming against
the impoverished Knicks (twice), Bulls, Hawks, and Cavs.
Their remaining two road victories have come against the Wolves
(without all-stars Brandon and Sczcerbiak plus Joe Smith) and
the barely above .500 Magic.  If you factor in that four of our six
road losses have been to sub .500 teams (Wiz, Bucks, Bulls, Heat)
then our road record ISN'T all that impressive after all.  There is
certainly a mathematical case to be made that we should be
9-4 on the road at this point, not 7-6.

A truer test of our road prowess will come when we face New
Orleans, Dallas, San Antonio, and the Minged Houston, Jan. 8-13.

<At this point, Indy looks like a better choice for Eastern champ at this
early
stage anyway. > - Bird

I like Indy a bit more, too, but still cannot dismiss the Nets.  Kidd
is just so terrific, and Jefferson, Rogers, and Harris just keep
looking better and better.

Eggy