Re: Just a thought

I disagree.  When a player is airborne and in the act of shooting, if there
is contact such as that by Stoudemire, a foul must be called.  Of course
anyone who drives to the hoop will have all the inertia heading in that
direction, but there is no way it could be an offensive foul that far
underneath unless the he flails his arm or wards off the defender in some
manner.  But Stoudemire came across and committed the act of hitting the
shooter.

It was a foul.

Cecil

                                       *****************************
  I completely agree with Cecil here.  Stoudemire got him with his hip just
enough to knock him off balance after the ball was already released.  Then to
compound matters he came down with his arms against Pauls arms knocking him
further off balance and making it impossible for him to protect himself on
the fall.  You have to protect the player in the air, especially when the
play is in the restricted area.
Just because the contact happened after the ball was released doesn't make it
a none foul.  The rules are there to protect the players.
It wasn't a flagrant foul, but it most certainly was a foul and should have
been called.

TAM