Re: I have to rewrite my letter

It's not that we're "too nice", but that the NBA will simply disregard a letter that suggests that the refs in the game had descended from a species that had improper relations with their mothers.

More seriously, they probably won't listen if--for example--you state the game was fixed, or use profanity, etc.

Let them know they're talking to a rational--if angered--adult. They'll listen better than they would if you just blow your stack.

But believe me--most, if not all, of us probably thought about writing something more explicit. I would give two cookies to anyone who had a recording of what Coach O'Brien said during the last half of the third quarter and all of the fourth after being tossed.

I even thought about sending an unexpurgated version of my comments to the list, but I didn't want to be offensive to people who don't appreciate certain expressions of annoyance. :>))