Pierce/Walker

Ho hum... only 17 shopping days till Christmas and another
Pierce/Walker comparison.  Bring on the Bombay Sapphire.

While a few persist in vilifying Pierce for his selfish play while
elevating Walker to top performer status, surprisingly enough,
a quick peek at their present stats seems to belie the bash
argument.

< my calls to Pierce were in the form of tempering the praise
for a guy who shot so much that his low percentage STILL gave
him top-five scoring in the league. > - from another board

I humbly, with a hint of concealed violence, submit to the
above bash-Pierce exhibitionist and his ever-loyal mentor,
that PP actually has a higher FG% than AW, has taken only six
more shots than AW (404 to 398), but thirty-six less 3's than
AW (148 to PP's 112).  Meanwhile, PP ranks 4th in league
scoring with 477 points; AW ranks 17th with 407 points.

Maybe these two guys should swap positions, since  "one
dimensional" shooting guard Pierce has more rebounds, blocked
shots, points per game, and a higher FG% than our renaissance
man power forward.  Meanwhile, Walker has the better 3P%,
.02 more steals per game, and .30 less TO's per game. He is
as unorthodox a PF as Pierce is a SG.

Anyway, I just keep wondering why some feel PP is having such
a poor season and Walker such a great season.  Wasn't Walker
the one handed the responsibility of surrogate PG, not Pierce?
And wouldn't you expect a point-forward (PF Walker) to have
not only more assists, but also more rebounds, blocked shots,
and a higher FG% than our SG who continues to draw double
and triple coverage?

Despite his new role, Walker's present 5.0 assists per game
are disappointingly equal only to what he recorded last season,
and dead even with the maligned  "selfish "  Mr.  Pierce's.
Go figure.

Current19 game stats for Pierce/Walker vs. their 01-02
season performance.

        Pierce              Walker
        (b01-02) Current    (b01-02) current

FG% (.442) .386     (.394).379