Re: Callahan on Baker

   I'm amazed at the number of people who still insist that Bakers problems
come from a lack of touches.
I can't count how many times I've seen other Celtics stand there dribbling
the ball waiting for Baker to establish some kind of position in order to get
him the ball and Baker simply can't or won't do it.  More than once it looked
like he was hiding behind the defender.
He doesn't go down on the box and establish himself.  He would rather meander
around until he gets the opportunity to set a pick (his one saving grace),
but then even after setting the pick he stands there instead of going to the
basket or spotting up for a shot.  He never angles himself in order to open a
passing lane.  And he never boxes out on the rebound but uses his hands to
try to dislodge his opponent instead.
I doubt very much that Battie is as talented as Baker even at this stage of
their careers, yet Battie plays the position perfectly.  If the coaching
staff would sit Baker down and show him the difference between how he is
playing and how Battie plays, maybe a lightbulb would go off somewhere.
In the meantime I wish people would stop making excuses for the guy.  His
problems are his problems...not the coaches, not his teammates, not the
referee's.
Until he admits that to himself nothing will ever change.  Maybe the Callahan
article is exactly the kick in the butt he needs.