Re: The man-to-man myth

	Wonderful analysis of the Celtics defense, Tammo.
	I think it was my reply to Snoopy's recap of the Toronto game that got
him back to the tape, to watch Pierce's defense in that game.
	My observation was that he was defending flat footed and
lethargically, while the rest of the team was up on their toes, waving
their arms, moving quickly, in and out, trying to shut down the Raptors.
	Paul was so obviously out of whack and sluggish, that even Snoopy
noted it in a follow up post. 	We can all accept the possibility that
Paul's position, clogging the lane, is by design, but what I can't
accept is the lack of effort he displayed that night.
	Where I'm living, I can't get FOXNE, or a dish, so I get to see very
few games and I can't say whether this is a trend or not, only that in
that game, he just didn't have any fire, on the defensive end.
	JB

	Unchain My Heart !