Re: Phil Jackson - Average Coach

Well, yes and no. Phil is not the great coach he has been proclaimed to be. Put him in Vancouver, ooopppsss, Memphis and he wouldn't be doing much better. So, is he a good coach. Yes. It ain't easy to manage Michael/Scottie, etc. (What have they done without Phil.) Is he great? No, lots of coaches are better. I would say, he only goes where he can win and the talent is above average. He only follows coaches who have taught the teams fundamentals and are on the verge. He followed Del Harris and Doug Collins. He brings great assistants with him. So, give him some credit, but ranking up there with Red, Lenny Wilkins, Red Holtzman, or even Bill Fitch, nah, he might be equal with some, but nowhere near the best.

Peace,

Bentz

hartleyo@bellsouth.net wrote:

Thought for the day.

Jackson after years of having the horses finally has to Coach. Ain't easy when
you don't have Shaq or Michael. Even with the greatly hyped, but very good
Kobe alone, they can't win. I for one always thought that football Phil as a
Coach was very overrated and so far he is proving it. Bottom line,  it is
tough to Coach without the players, even in a watered down league.