Re: Exhibition game/ radio

>Just read the boxscore for the first game.  As usual, Pierce filled in alot
of columns, >but who in hell is Nick Collision?
>David A Wickerham

   Did you come to the right place with that question!
  Collison is a Senior F/C for the University of Kansas
  He and Jay (Jason) Williams were chosen as alternates. Williams was later
moved up to the regular roster because of Ray Allen pulling out. I believe
the only reason Nick got in the game is because it was such a blowout.
  USA basketball likes to add a couple of college players to fill out a
practice squad with the stipulation that they may not ever see the floor
during games.  Since Nick has played for USA Basketball in the last three
Junior World Tournaments, and he is well known to the coaches and others in
the organization, he was a natural pick to fill out the Senior team.
  As a member of the KU Alumni Association, I can say it was nice to see Nick
get rewarded for all his hard work in practice by actually getting into the
action last night. That brought the total of Jayhawks representing our
Country to three.  But I wouldn't be surprised if it was the last time we see
him.

BTW, although the game wasn't covered on TV in it's entirety, ESPN News (not
ESPN or ESPN2) did give extended live look ins complete with play by play
last night.  They actually showed quite a bit of the game.
Our guys looked REAL good!  They played very hard and very unselfishly.
They did sort of let down a bit in the second half, becoming a little more
flashy and less fundamental, but by then China was dead tired.