Paul Pierce quotes

Paul Pierce quotes from USABasketball.com

Go Paul Go!

"I'm enjoying every opportunity I get. No matter who I
get out on the court with...from the days with high
school players to college players and now I have the
opportunity to be out here with a team of all-stars. That
makes it even more fun that I'm playing at this level and
representing the USA.

"In practices like this, you have to come out of here
with your game much improved. You don't get a chance to
play with players of this caliber and face everyday
competition like this. Me matching up with Reggie Miller,
Michael Finley, Shawn Marion, that doesn't happen every
day. Having the opportunity to go out there everyday
against that kind of competition will give me a
tremendous advantage going into the season."

On his impression of teammates and does anyone stand out?
"It's hard to say that right now but I don't think anyone
will really stand out. Everybody is going hard, everyone
is competing. Some people might think that with an all-
star cast like this, players might go through the
motions, but everyone is competing. It's practice and
it's tough to get a basket out here and it's only the
first full day."

On the intensity of practice:
"The level of intensity was raised in a matter of one
day. Today (Saturday) we were going a little harder. It
was a little more intense. Guys aren't going to give up
easy baskets and hopefully it can be like that a little
bit more everyday. Coach Karl is stressing to us that you
have to treat everyday like it's a playoff game. And guys
know just how hard that is and how hard it is to score in
the NBA Playoffs."

How does it feel to have a few days of practice under
your belt?
"We're feeling pretty good. Chemistry is starting to be
there as we are pick it up each and every day. We're
starting to get used to playing with one another.
Everyone has respect for one another.There is a lot of
unselfishness. Guys are really getting a feel for what we
are trying to do and what our goal is."

Any guys you are looking to playing with as opposed to
playing against as you do in the NBA season?
"As a scorer you always look forward to playing against
the top point guards in the game. So now I get a chance
to play with Andre Miller and Baron Davis, two guys I
grew up with who are now superstars, so it's going to be
a pleasure to play with them instead of against them.

About the community relations activities with Bay area
kids today:
"This gives us an opportunity to give back to the
community. A lot of people throughout the country look up
to us as role models so it's important as part of USA
Basketball where you represent your country to live up to
those expectations and it feels good to give something
back, especially to kids."

"It's always important for us as NBA players or as role
models to the kids that really look up to, to give back
to the community because if they not only hear it from
their teachers and parents but they hear it from somebody
that they can relate to and look up to also, it goes a
long way. If we can come out here and touch just one kid
than we're making a difference and that's what's special
for me."

"I never had the opportunity to be around my idols
growing up. My idols were my mom and brothers and they
always stressed to me that you could be anything you
wanted, you just got to have big dreams and big goals and
go out and work hard and try to achieve them. That's
something that has always stuck out to me and that what I
try to go out and accomplish even today."

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?