[no subject]

Does anybody else think it's more than coincidental that Rod Thorn, David
Stern's right hand man, takes over a franchise that has wallowed in
mediocrity for years and suddenly turns it into a serious contender ?  And
how about the Steinbrenner factor ?  Do you think George would take over a
sports franchise if he didn't have the assurances of the commissioner that
he would win ?  If the Nets have already been told that the tax would not go
into effect up to 57 mil, then signing Rogers away from the Celtics was
easy.  Or, perhaps, George is just throwing money at the Nets the way he
throws money at the Yankees.  It's hard to tell, but Stern has certainly
been accused before of putting the big market teams in a position to win.
Good for the league (him), bad for competition (us).

Jim