All the whining about Gaston

Have been seeing people going on and on about
the luxury tax and how stingy Gaston is. Doesn't
anybody realise that this is ultimately a
business and not a hobby??

If you dont realise it by now, times are bad. With
the many companies announcing losses or worse
bankruptcies and layoffs. Is it any surprise that
many NBA bosses, INCLUDING GASTON, are being prudent
with the luxury tax? Even the miami heat that has
previously spent money like water in the early years
of pat riley is holding back now. The reality is that
in troubled times like this even winning the
championship may not mean earning more money...

I'm a soccer fan as well and have seen all the different
soccer clubs all over europe go into panic mode the moment
3 major TV companies in 3 different countries that
hold the TV rights to 3 different soccer leagues announce
"difficulties". In England the TV company has in fact
gone bankrupt and all the clubs, some have been around for
more than a century, that were spending in anticipation of
TV money coming in are now on the verge of bankruptcy. GOD
FORBID but if any of the TV companies with NBA rights
announce "difficulties"..... Dont say it wont ever happen
coz I'm sure you would have said the same thing with ENRON,
WORLDOM & QWEST.

Why's Gaston stingy? Why isn't he spending? Simply
put, its all down to the previous 7-8 years of
Celtics decline. With that decline means a decline
in attendance, merchandising, and most importantly
TV MONEY. Add to that all the economic uncertainty
and you've got one scared owner. Yes he did pay
Pitino gazilion dollars but it didn't work out and
now he's paying for it with a smaller budget all
around. Yes we are paying for it to but what can
we do? So why don't we just shut up, live with
it and praise the god that we still have pierce and
walker!!

Subscribe to SCV MaxTV with Sports Group & stand a chance to win a
Tri-Nation Euro Soccer Tour! Call 6873 3333 to subscribe. Ts&Cs apply.

This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us at itsyteam@scv.com.sg
immediately. You should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.