From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Celtic4Hire@AOL.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 9:28 PM
To: Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com
Cc: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Latest trade stuff

Wow! What a great trade for the Nets. This really completes their team. With
Mutombo getting all the rebounds and outletting the ball, four guys can get
out on the break. Their break is going to be even better. Defense is also
improved. They have an answer for Vin  and maybe even Shaq. They still don't
have the low post offense but at least they should win the East and maybe
win
a couple against the Lakers.

We stepped up by getting an upgrade in Baker over Rogers and Kenny. The Nets
did better by getting a center, defensive help and rebounder for two players
who for the most part aren't in the game at winning time. One hope is that
they do give up a little offense in Jefferson over Van Horn and the little
inside offense that they had. Van Horn did hit an important game clincher
three against us in our series.

Wallace now needs to get a decent point guard to match. Maybe we could even
get Rogers in some twist of fate. I would love to see us beating the Nets by
Rogers knocking down threes over Mutombo.

I would like to continue to disagree with Mark Berry. While it seems to sexy
to add a offensive player like Sam I Am, I don't think the Celts need or
would work with a player of his type of game. People questioned whether
there
would be enough basketballs when we added Baker. I said I thought Pierce and
Walker were ready for that. However, I think it would be WAY too much to
expect the Celts to function with an all-star team alignment. The reason why
the Bucks would consider trading him is because he is what he is, a great
offensive scorer and that's it. I think this would be too much, too soon for
us. Plus, the following balloning salary of his would be insane.

Instead, look for Wallace to deal Williams and picks for something more
solid, less flashy point guard, if necessary. Just signing Best seems the
best thing right now. If we can somehow still fanagle Rogers, we are still
the favs in the East, IMO.

As for the Sixers, they are sliding the slippery slope downhill. OUR PICK IS
LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER. Wallace is a genius<g>....

DJessen33