Re: Baker article

The big thing that jumps out is Baker saying he will be
one of the top four power forwards in the East. I wonder
if he is lobbying not to play center, or if the coaching
staff has actually told him he will start next to Tony
Battie.

The second thing is his coachability/maturity. THANK GOD
Red Auerbach isn't still the C's coach or Baker would be
tearing after every motivational ploy or attempt at
criticism. He sounds like an innocent 8 year old. Its
strange to hear all these stories about him leaving
practice to cry.

Obie is a good coach for him, but even he still strikes
me as fairly no-nonsense, arched-eyebrows-if-a-player-
acts-like-a-baby type of coach.

Atleast he's no Pitino. I can easily picture Pitino doing
what Nate McMillan did. Baker wouldn't have lasted a week
under Pitino.

The coaching staff will have to be very sensitive about
how they handle this player. He's really a special case.
A 265 pound Michael Jackson.

One rule Obie needs to enforce is "no trash talking" in
practice. The way Antoine and Paul Pierce talk it up,
they'll need to each carry mops to wipe Vinnie's tears
from flooding and warping the parquet. The team should
get cue cards saying "I'm proud of you, Vinnie" each time
they are tempted to talk trash.

Baker does seem like a very moral person and sincere
about getting better. I don't think he's just BS'ing.

Spare the rod in practice and he'll hopefully be able to
motivate himself. Obie's not the type anyway to single
out a player for criticism.

As for the fans, I think/hope they'll lay off Baker if he
can average 8 board while shooting 50%. Its the captains
who will carry the brunt of fan expectations and
criticism. And luckily they both have thick skins.

WEEI and Peter May articles will have to be made strictly
off limits to Baker. NO RADIO...rip the antenna off his
SUV.

Just as pitchers prefer a certain battery mate, I think
the Globe should only allow Shira Springer to cover Baker
for the next four years.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?