Re: Welcome to my hometown

At 06:59 AM 4/29/02 -0700, cecil wrote:

Since this came as a totally blank message, without even his usual .sig I'm
assuming cecil didn't send this. In which case people might want to make
sure they don't have the klez virus that's currently making the rounds. As
I understand things, it can fake the from address off those in the address
book of an infected computer, so it's not necessarily cecil's computer
that's the infected source, just one including his email on it somewhere.
Hopefully the message was blank because the listserv computer scrubbed off
the virus attachment, but the subject IS one of the headers being used by
the virus. For more information about that and the virus in general,
see:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html

Now if there was only a virus that we could infect Philly with...
Kim