Iverson skips practice

    I once went to a management seminar entitled "Coping with Difficult
People" or some such.  At the time, I had an employee working for me who was,
for lack of a better term, an obnoxious person, but she knew her job and,
when it was crunch time, she did her job quite well.  The rest of the time,
though, she spread toxicity and venom through the workplace.  I discussed
this with the seminar leader, who sighed and said, "You have the most
difficult problem of all:  the competent asshole."
     And so it is with Iverson and, before him, Rodman:  two very talented
and fierce competitors who seem not to care at all about being part of a
team.   So does Larry Brown throw out Iverson's 30 PPG because he skips
practice?  Do you give up Rodman's 20 RPG because he's wacko?
     Answer:  30 PPG and 20 RPG?  You deal with the asshole.  5 PPG or 3 RPG
you trade or cut.  12 PPG or 8 RPG you agonize.