Philly, more predictions

In a message dated 4/22/02 9:16:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, sly_75@yahoo.com
writes:

> I hate A.I. I hate Coleman. I hate PHILLY!

I guess as one gets older one feels less vehement about this stuff.  I
certainly dislike Philadelphia, but it is really more of a time-honored
rivalry.  When the Celtics won titles in '80 and '86 (I think) against
Houston, I felt somewhat cheated.  The Celtics are supposed to meet and beat
the Lakers, not Houston!  So it is here:  it is right and just that the road
in the playoffs starts with Philly.  As for the two players, I agree on
Coleman, who has, by and large, wasted his talent and been a toxic presence
on is teams.  Iverson, though, is terrific.  He is a warrior, a great player.
 I bought into the image for a while, but the guy's talent and heart cannot
be disputed.  I have watched enough games this year to appreciate how good
some of the guys are and what a demanding game this is.  I guess the ultimate
question is, would you want this guy on your team?  Iverson, certainly;
Coleman, certainly not.
    And some more predictions I made the other day in a pool:
Nets 3-1 over Indiana
Philly 3-1 over Celtics (yeah, yeah...)
Pistons 3-2 over Toronto
Charlotte 3-1 over Orlando