Re: Predictions

At 11:35 AM 4/17/02 -0700, Colin Hall wrote:
>"You can Always count on the Cheap Seats"...
>
>Expressions like this. Oh and the Charlie Brown one.
>Just thought they were uncalled for.

The Cheap seat quote was from the late singer/songwriter Harry Chapin, who,
when performing, would say that to praise the people in the back/upper
rows.  He knew these were the "everyday people", the ones that may not have
the money to afford a great seat, but came anyway.  The cheap seats were
often the loudest, most raucous and supportive ones at a Chapin
concert.  Harry clearly identified more with the normal people, eschewing
the "Jet set".

So, it was intended as a compliment to that part of the list, being
continuously supportive of the Celtics from our own "Cheap Seats", even
when things weren't going so hot.

The Charlie Brown comment was after a loss to the Bulls, where everything
seemed to go wrong--hence "one of those Charlie Brown nights".  Everyone
has one of those sooner or later--only Good Ol' Charlie Brown himself has
them all the time.

>No biggy.

Big enough for you to make a public complaint to the list, big enough for
me to set the record straight.

>I am proud of the accomplishments of the C's as well.
>And glad they exceeded most people's predictions,
>including my own.

Glad to hear it!!

>Hope we show up for the 1st round!

Well, the game IS in Boston, and presumably, the Celtics know how to get to
the Fleet Center by now...  :>))))

>P.S. I like the signing of Cook.

I reserve comment until he actually plays.

>P.S.S. Any ideas on free-agent big men?

Besides, "We need one"?  No, not really...