Cook...Kidd or Kenny?

Hello there,

> I think most fans are underestimating the fundamental change in approach
> that fully implementing a Cook-type point guard would demand. It's the
> difference between the Nets and the Celts, offensively. One is open-court,
> free-wheeling, open-space, find-the-open-man offense. The other is
> half-court, one-on-one, penetrate-and-dish. Vastly different

Hmm you sure about that...?
I haven't seen Cook alot, but I have to think he is a good penetrator.
At six-one and hundred and ninety pounds he is very similiar to Kenny size
wise and they are both from New York. Unless he lacks footspeed ala Jason
Kidd why wouldn't he be a good penetrator?

Since he was coached by Tiny...I am hopeful. Tiny loves Kenny and says he is
the player most like him in the NBA. He came by to watch Kenny the other day,
but Kenny was hurt.

I think a good point guard is versatile..and can handle both styles. I think
Kenny
would likely play a free wheeling style if he was down in the developmental
leagues.
Kenny has adjusted his style to suit the coach. He used to average more
assists
and turnovers...ala Jason Kidd.

The guy should spend his whole summer working on his jump shot.
You wont get on the floor unless you can hit the open jumper. Heck I think OB
wishes Kenny could spot up for the three instead of the two.

Speaking of Kidd...wow its getting crazy.
I know its a good story and all, but Kidd does in fact seem destined to win
the award. Sense and intelligence seem to be drifting by the wayside. Did any
of you read Ric Bucher column on ESPN. Its worse then BSG's!

 And I thought he was the worst journalist  Some people really don't belong
in the business. Though BSG with his Kenny should sit instead of Palacio
theory being the "key" to the Celts season is close. Both of those guys
should think about covering other sports.

Check out this quote:

". Who Should Win -- Kidd
Duncan carried a Spurs team built with one eye toward clearing cap room after
next season to the top of the Midwest Division, but hebs not the defensive
force Kidd is "

Thats a direct quote..I had to read it several times to believe it. Damn..if
all you need
to be a defensive force nowadays is bunch of steals. But I suppose Ric Bucher
knows more about NBA basketball. Hehe.

Its a shame Isiah Thomas is the coach of the Pacers..
They could spank the Nets if they had a decent coach. They match up pretty
well.
Tinsley vs. Kidd (both assist no offense no footspeed good anticipation guys)
Plus a bunch of talented but not great players on each team.

Pete