Re: predictions

On Sunday, April 14, 2002, at 05:57 AM, JB wrote:

>    I could give you my reasons, Bill (52 wins), but unless I could send
> you my over/under ticket, from Vegas, what good are they?
>    The only one that could have "known" anything is above the mundane
> levels of posting to sports boards, I guess. The rest of us: those;
> "bound by mortal coil," those; " ...just bozos on this bus," will have to
>  be satisfied, that even with no exact winner, we are all winners, having
> received an exciting and satisfying season, with lots of thrills
> (hopefully) to follow.
>    Actually, I think that pretty much sums up why I picked 52 wins: Hope!

Well, "hope" is good enough for me.  I was "hoping" with my prediction of
42 wins, though.  Just curious as to some of the varying rationales for
people to predict in the high forties, say, or better.  Did you really
think that somehow the team would put it together?  (If so, my hats off to
you guys.)  Or, for some, was it the lack of Il Duce for a whole season?

For those of us with feet of clay, I'd also be curious as to why some
predicted wins in the high twenties, too.  I, for one, couldn't see the
team being *that* bad, but then again, I didn't think they'd be quite this
good, either.

One things for sure, though: all Celtic fans *are* winners this year.
Playoff drought ended, baby!  Championship run possibly beginning.  It's
very exciting.

Bird