re: HOOPSWORLD @ BskBALL.com | The NBA Information website

> From: JB <james.metz@verizon.net>
>
>    Now, this just riles me no end. Why in the world is Jimmy O'Brien not
> mentioned in this , the zillionth guy writing a column, from the N.Y.T. to
> the internet hot sheets, about coach of the year?

No respect, I tells ya, no respect at all... .

> If so, I believe they are either lazy and accepting someone else's buzz,
> or they will soon join the ranks of those who have underestimated , Jimmy
> for months, only to wonder how he could have bungled and been bullied, his
> way, here.

I tend towards agreement.  I think sports journalism in general is built
on "accepting (and often taking credit for) other people's buzz".  In a
similar way, Obie has done what the vaulted Ricktator couldn't, and he
doesn't seem to be getting half the credit.  OK, that's not true, because
Il Duce got his share of criticism here too, but it was more deserved, for
what that's worth.  Success ought to be the measurement, and Obie has
produced.  Even a dozen or so games ago, I was thinking if the team could
make it to the high 40's in wins, that'd be great.  They have a chance for
49.  Sure, they win ugly, but the wins all count the same.  And when they
*are* in a funk, they play themselves out of it, individually and as a
team, as well.  That may end sooner or later, but if it doesn't it's #17.
Sooner or later.

Bird