Re: Antoine and the Boobirds

At 15:14 4/1/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>Is that it?  Is it all about Antoine Walker?  What about Paul Pierce?
>Rogersdelk?  The vaunted Eric Williams?  The Center Troika?  Criticism
>(both of the rational and irrational sorts) often seems to be curiously
>mixed as far as Antoine Walker's power and capabilities go: He's a "punk"
>who can bring down coaches with a single stretch of bad play, *and* no
>team will ever win anything of import while he's "the second
>option"/"chucking up threes"/"doing the wiggle"/"playing power forward"/on
>the team.  And even for Kestas, it seems the team's success is totally
>dependent on "reining in" his evil, goatee-wearing evil side.

Not totally, but let's face it - this team's fortunes are going to depend a
lot more on Walker than, say, McCarty or Potapenko. The other players don't
have a multi-year debate about them because 1) it's clear to everyone what
they are, and/or 2) they're irrelevant.
What is there to discuss about Paul Pierce? I think it's pretty clear what
he is. Same for Rodney Rogers, or Strickland, or Eric Williams.  Some
others just don't mean as much to the team, whatever the fluctuations in
performance within the limits of their modest talent may be.

I suppose I could discuss Delk - is he really that bad a shooter? How many
decent shooting games, not counting garbage time in the Dallas blowout, has
he had with the Celtics? Is there anything else he can do when his shot is
not falling, which it usually isn't? Did we acquire an overpriced Erick
Strickland with less defense, size, aggressiveness, and shooting ability?

Kestas