Hi all,

> And to use a Red Sox analogy, that friggin Nomar is such a doofus isn't he?
> I mean, he has no patience at the plate, goes up there swinging at the
> first
> pitch he sees sometimes no matter where it is.  If only he would be the
> player he could be :-)
>
> Cecil

Please..gimmee a break.
I have to respond to this nonsense.

Nomar is one of the best hitters in the game. Nomar's first ball swinging
strategy works. He has won a batting title and will probably win another one
this year. If Walker was shooting 56% then it would be a good comparison.

Nomar is closer to Duncan in basketball terms.. a very good defender who
shoots
an amazingly high percentage, and plays a very important positon defensively.
Nomar is also an amazingly hard worker who keeps himself in fantatsic
condition, and a pretty smart guy. Doesn't that sound alot more like Tim
Duncan..then Walker.

If you want a baseball analogy:
Carl Everett...though Walker is a much better person.
But like Walker Carl has a lot of talent and can be overwieght. Everett can
also be very competitive when motivated, and can even carry a team. He also
goes through
stubborn streaks.

This list overrates Walker..and has some Walker apologists on it.

But fans know whats going on.
The thing that was ticking of the fans was that Walker had missed several
three
balls, but he just kept hoisting them up. Thats annoying, and that's no fun
to watch.
The fans know Walker, and they know when he isn't "on" he should just cut it
out.

On the plus side I will say this about Walker.
When he is "on" he is very very good. He can score on nearly anyone and can
hit
these amazingly deep and difficult three point shots. He also is a quick
jumper
and very competitive. I don't think he can every be consistently good. Walker
is like an X factor though. He can enable the Celts to be teams they
shouldn't be
able to.

Pierce is consistently good, IMHO. Pierce is a class or two above Walker and
should be the guy we build the team around. Pierce is given more license to
miss
because he generally thought of as better. So stop whining about how no one
gets on Pierce. Its because Pierce gets the job done. He shoots a higher
percentage.

As far as team development:
Rodney Rodgers is a little like Walker though..and I dont think we need
Walker and Rodgers on the same team. If you do resign Rodgers...then
you might want to trade Walker for a real PF/C guy. Otherwise you should
probably
keep Walker, unless we actually get fair value. He is all-star material after
all.

Pete