Re: [Celtics' Stuff "The Professional,"-Globe

That's why the fans booed one of Walker's shots in the second half.  He
couldn't buy a basket from outside, he had his way with them when going
inside and then up 18 or 20 he pulled up with nobody near him, a clear lane
to the hoop and nobody under the basket to rebound and launches a 3 early in
the shot clock.  Whether or not it went in or not isn't as meaningful as
just how bad a shot selection it was as far as organized basketball goes.

I thought it was unnecessary to pick on him for it.  It turns out that it
wasn't meaningful in the game and it wasn't a boo directed at Walker the
person, he contributed to this win with his other skills I thought.

Apparently, even if the coach tells him to launch away, the folks in the
stands will try to dissuade him.  I wish there was a why to show displeasure
other then using the "boo".  It's not the player that is being booed IMO but
it is his actions/decisions that the fans are taking exception with at that
time.  Maybe they should give out "clickers" for fans to respond with.  They
certainly cheer him enough for him to feel appreciated.

The other 3's being shot were a little bit of rubbing it in, but they were
wide open for the most part.

<Jim

JB made the following, excerpted statement...
>I heard the second half on the radio. The announcers were aghast, that,
>in the fourth quarter, with a ballooning lead, well over 20 points, Walker
>and other starters were still jacking threes; even early in the shot clock.
>This was mentioned over and over, not only as stupid play, but thought to
be
>potentially fueling the anger of a beaten opponent, who we might meet, even
>in the first round, by rubbing it in.
Snip...