NBA previews

....looked through a few of those today at the local Borders. TSN had a
Celtics write-up by a guy named Sean Deveney who I thought knew the
situation pretty well. They predict a 4th place finish in the Atlantic.
They also had player ratings, and had Pierce ranked as the #1 SF in the NBA
(Walker is the #7 PF). However, they somewhat arbitrarily put most of his
competition (Kobe, Vince, T-Mac et al. ) at SG.
Another one, whose name I don't remember now, had a write-up by Bulpett.
Nothing new there. Street & Smith's, as Way so breathlessly informed us a
few days ago, are predicting a dead-last finish for the Celtics, which is
Way high according to the unbiased opinion of the same troll. The reasons
for Street & Smith's rating remained obscure to me after reading through
the rambling review. It consisted mostly of derisive comments about the
Celtics' draft choices - namely, the fact that they drafted players for
positions in which they were already strong. I guess these guys have never
heard the NBA truism  that one should always pick BPA.
Kestas