Toine

Mark S Berry is an astute man.  Walker is still not on
the same level as Duncan, Kobe, McGrady, Vince, and
even Pierce.  He may never even get to that level
because after six years he's still shooting 40 percent
and averaging 3 turnovers a game.  I really have not
seen too much improvement in his game.  He's has no
mid range shot and his entire repertoire consists of a
3 point shot and forcing it inside on 3 defenders.
What sets the Vince, Kobe, Duncan,etc. from Walker is
that they go to their strengths.  Vince takes it to
the hole with that explosive first step, Kobe mixes up
his long range jumper and his slashing drives, while
Duncan works his mid range shot with his post game.
None of them try to go beyond their game like Walker
does.  I mean c'mon, it's obvious he's not a great 3
point shooter like Ray Allen or Dell Curry but yet he
led the league in 3 pt attempts and wasn't even top 50
in 3 pt percentage.   What gives melonhead?  Why
doesn't Ray Allen or Pierce take as many 3's as Toine?
 Because they being true shooters know the difference
between a bad shot and a good shot.  They don't heave
up the 3 every chance they get unlike Toine who
probably has never met a shot he doesn't like.  Vince
is a pretty decent 3 pt shooter and I don't see him
leading the league in 3 pt attempts.  Walker should
stop being what he's not and just play the 4 spot like
he's supposed to.  Use his quickness in the post, get
offensive boards, and kick it out to the shooters when
he's double teamed.  How the hell is he supposed to
get rebounds when he's 24 feet from the basket?  Also
with the new rule changes I hope to dear God that
Walker doesn't equate the zone defense with more 3 pt
opportunities for himself.

   As for Jordan and the Wiz, I really don't have an
opinion on them.  They theoretically could reach 45
wins if everyone plays to their potential.  It will be
fun to watch them either way.  They are a eclectic mix
of players: one legend (jordan), one college player of
the year who never met his potential (Laetner),
another college POY who's on the brink of being an
All-Star (Richard Hamilton), one player being groomed
to fill the legend's shoes (Courtney Alexander) and
the future of the team (Kwame Brown).  If they make
the playoffs it will be the feel good story of the
year.
I'll root for them but only when they are not playing
the Celts.

Nov 7, 2001
Section 322
http://phone.yahoo.com