Re: Antoine (was Re: Johnson Touted As Rookie With The Most Impac t)

I'm one of Walkers supporters, and I think he gives out team heart and a
unique blend of skills.  However, there are only a couple of officials who
seem to deliberately ignore fouls on Antoine.  For the past two years, the
league has deliberately stopped calling fouls when the offensive player
deliberately initiates the contact,  Nobody, except Karl Malone, was
getting those calls last year.

>    ***********
>    Just to throw in my three cents here:
>    One of Antoine's biggest obstacles is the lack of respect he gets from
> the Zebras. He often would play half of the game, looking to go to the hoop,
> only to be hacked and banged around, leading to those ugly turnovers or
> missed shots, without getting the calls that the other power forwards get.
> I've seen many times,that he just got frustrated and gave up the inside
> play.
>    As many have said, it's his attitude, that the ref's dislike and it may
> be for good reason, but they're supposed to call fouls.
>

>                    JB
>

> Unchain My Heart!

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu