Re: FW: [Celticsstuffgroup] Chris Herren: Is there a problem?

At 16:42 25/05/02 -0400, Georgek27@AOL.com wrote:
>My guess is that with the recent terrorist attacks on the US, Herren does not
>want to be the designated American on a foreign team especially with his
>pregnant wife in tow. Maybe he'll end up in the developmental league from
>where he could be invited back to Boston when one of our PG-relics break down.
>
>George

I personally doubt he's at much of a risk from terrorism any more than if
he lived on US territory. I feel equally safe out here (France) as anywhere
else on the planet (My son and I both hold US passports as well as Japanese
ones). It could just be Herren's out of shape again. Bologna has awesome
food and his 0-3 shooting tells you a bit about the gap between his hype
and the reality. In some ways I pity players who have coaches and systems
that don't "fit" your game. Its not an uncommon temptation for a bench
player to feel undervalued by a "dumb" coach. But gimmeabreak, this guy's a
professional with a contract for more money than he's ever had.

Joe