Re: SI analysis -- good stuff

At 18:07 29/10/01 -0500, Josh Ozersky wrote:
>The other stuff is good, too:
>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/features/2001/si_preview/celt
>ics/

Thanks a lot for that URL, Josh. Here's what the SI scout says about
tonight's opponent. We'll see I guess.    Joe

-----

This is one of the few teams in the Eastern Conference that didn't get
better. When Ilgauskas went down, Lamond Murray tried to take over. You can
tell Murray is a bad teammate -- he just wants you to get him the ball so
he can score.

The Cavs have unloaded a lot of their one-dimensional or problem guys --
Shawn Kemp, Tractor Traylor, Cedric Henderson, Jimmy Jackson, Chris Gatling
-- but they haven't gotten the talent in return to make them better.

At least they added some toughness in Jumaine Jones , Bryant Stith , and
Michael Doleac , who can hold his ground inside.

Andre Miller is a tough kid, but even he seems weighed down by the losing.
He's very good at getting to the basket, but he has limited range and he
could be a better passer when he drives. ...

I had my doubts about whether Chris Mihm could cut it at the four or the
five. But he's gotten better. It looks like they're going to try to run and
get the ball to him before the defense can set up. ...

The guys like playing for John Lucas . He brings excitement and fun to the
franchise, but that's just a short-term fix if they don't win. ...

I think Tyrone Hill 's back was hurting last year, but he played because
the 76ers were a good team. Is he going to want to play through the pain
for a bad team?"