Subject: C's release Herren
Date: Mon, Oct 29, 2001 6:57 PM
From: RoLLo ApoLLo

"Herren released, two others on injured list

.c The Associated Press

BOSTON (AP) - The Boston Celtics placed Chris Herren on waivers and put
Randy Brown and Roshown McLeod on the injured list Monday to reduce their
roster to the NBA maximum of 12.

Herren, who averaged 3.3 points in 25 games during an injury-plagued season
with Boston, rejoined the team Oct. 3 after a brief stint with an Italian
team. The 6-foot-2 guard began his NBA career with Denver in 1999-00.

Brown played four seasons with Sacramento and five with Chicago before
signing with Boston as a backup point guard before last season. He was
bothered by a groin injury that limited him to 54 games, in which he
averaged 4.1 points.

McLeod, a 6-foot-8 forward, joined the Celtics after splitting last season
between Atlanta and Philadelphia, averaging 9.9 points in 34 games. He
entered the NBA with the Hawks for the 1998-99 season.

Herren played in three of Boston's eight exhibition games, and Brown and
McLeod missed all eight. "